Preparing for your appointment
Visiting the outpatient clinic
Is this your first time at our hospital or was your last visit
more than a year ago? You will first need to visit the Patient
Take the following documents with you to your first
- Referral letter (if relevant )
- Proof of identity (passport, identity card or driver
- Insurance documents
- List of medications you are currently taking
- Appointment folder (if you have one)
For children under the age of fourteen, we require a Citizen
Service Number. If the child does not have proof of identity and is
not registered in the parent's passport, we require the Citizen
Service Number of the parent stated on the insurance policy.
You first report to the specialist or department counter, where
you present your referral letter (if relevant). After completing a
few administrative tasks, you can take a seat in the waiting
In order to make the right diagnosis and offer effective care,
it is advisable for you to prepare to answer the following
- What exactly are your symptoms?
- How long have you had them and when did they start?
- What kinds of illnesses run in your family?
- Are there other factors to be considered?
- What is on your mind that you would like to discuss?
It is possible that a list of medication you are currently
taking will be requested from your local pharmacy. If you have an
objection to this, please let us know beforehand. Keep in mind that
it is extremely important that you receive the right medication
Would you like for one of our hosts or hostesses to accompany
you to an outpatient clinic or department? This is possible at the
Gouda location. You can request assistance (free) by calling (0182)
50 51 53.